Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for September 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects represent our favorite year end Season. It may be Autumn, Winter, Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas (and maybe even a combination!) We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Hello all! I am celebrating the Christmas season! I used two of my favorite Christmas stamp sets to create today’s card! Not to mention all of that gorgeous copper!
I started by stamping the stars from the Be Jolly By Golly stamp set in versamark and then heat embossing them in copper embossing powder. I repeated this process a second time to get a nice thick emboss. Using a sentiment and the light marks from the Star Of Night set, I stamped the sentiment and then the light marks around the most prominent star.
I did a bit of splattering using old olive, elegant eggplant, and crushed curry inks before cutting the card front down to accommodate the strips of copper foil and elegant eggplant cardstock on an old olive base.
I love the simplicity and elegance of this card and hopefully it inspires you to mix and match some of your Christmas stamp sets!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Kim Jolley at Stampin' Artfully
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin'
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin' Jackie
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Karen Hallam at Karen's Stampin' Habit!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin'
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Becker at www.RnRStamping.com
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin'
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Supplies: CS: SU! white, old olive, elegant eggplant and copper foil. Stamps: SU! Star of Night and Be Jolly By Golly. Inks: SU! old olive, crushed curry, and elegant eggplant. Other: SU! copper embossing powder.