July 23, 2016
Watercolor – that word can put the fear into any stamper but Kay Miller walked us through a beautiful watercolor project that made it easy peasy!
I started by stamping images on watercolor paper and then went back in with some water and smooshed around the flowers. The key – dry the paper between layers and not to blur the stamped image so much you can't tell what it is! After drying, I added some water to the leaves.
I was pretty timid as I didn’t want to mix the greens with the reds/yellows of the mums. But now that I look at the finished card, I should have pushed the colors around more to get rid of the white space. This will need some practice. These mums look like macaroons and not flowers - LOL!
After all the smooshing, it was time for the speckling of some red on the flowers (and not on the leaves but you can see how that turned out!). Then more drying. I added the sentiment and then did a little blending of the line under the sentiment. More drying and then I cut down the card front, added to the base and attached some rainstones. I love how Kay took the intimidation out of watercoloring!
I skipped the pointillism challenge because I just couldn’t find an image I wanted to try that on. However, the technique is really cool and I am going to give it a try. I am also skipping the color block challenge – as cool as it looks – I was tired and wasn’t feeling any mojo for this one.
Overall I thought this was a fun Stamp-a-faire. I tried some new things and am excited to make them a part of my stamping. I don’t plan on posting again until Friday so have a great week and I hoped you enjoyed my SAF cards!
Thanks for stopping by!!